Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UGGTVZONE
Channel Surfer

Google Ad Manager Help Please

I'm looking for help troubleshooting my Google Ad manager set up my ads see to want to run but it just buffer on a black screen. And my tag returned Ad error: AdError 1009: The VAST response document is empty. I will love to hire someone to look at it or if you have suggestions

Here is the Tag URL 

https://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/live/ads?iu=/22875277485/ROKU_ADS_LIMIT_TRACKING_&descriptio...

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Google Ad Manager Help Please

You're VAST url page looks blank.  Have you added Orders & Line Items and associated them to this Inventory/Ad Unit?

A helpful tutorial can be found here: https://skillshop.exceedlms.com/student/path/17117-drive-advertising-revenue-with-google-ad-manager

I get the below on your page:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<VAST xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="vast.xsd" version="3.0"/>

0 Kudos
UGGTVZONE
Channel Surfer

Yes I had a couple of orders but they are not attaching I did a troubleshooting and it returned nothing I believe I may not be setting up the tag correctly or the line item

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

If you go to your Order > Line Item, in the Settings area, towards the bottom do you see 'Add Targeting'?  If so, did you select your Ad Unit, or Run Of Network?

Otherwise be sure to create your ad unit in Inventory > Ad Units.  Kindof a heirarchy to it. This ties them together so the ad line item falls under the ad units umbrella, so to speak.

0 Kudos
UGGTVZONE
Channel Surfer

Web capture_27-3-2023_23733_.jpeg

The above is how I have it setup so far. Thank you by the way I really appreciate your input I have been on this for 2 months

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

No problem, trying to help. Part of me wants to dive back in & relearn this all. It's pretty overwhelming tho.

From afar, looks ok. I may need to ask to dive in and be added as a temporary user if possible. Only other thing I'd suggest is are you sure the VAST tag is created and named properly?  (all items and names included)

0 Kudos
UGGTVZONE
Channel Surfer

Honestly not sure I believe so however I have changed and clicked things. I would not mind giving you access to look at it definitely need all the help I can get at this point and no one outside of Roku has clue what I'm talking about. I'll send my email in private if you have time would be great I would be happy to compensate you for your time

0 Kudos
paulsaac

Can help to review the setup

email id sachin@relict.media

0 Kudos