Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Help me test my Wordpress plugin for Direct Publisher feeds

Bumping this so other folks can see...this WP plugin is great!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

Updated to 1.3.1 - See top post for more info!   

PS:  Our email system is currently down, so if you need help use the Support Ticket system!
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

Wow Rovidx!  It's good to see you're back.  I found your post today.

I'm an old Rovidx customer (from the Wask build a few years ago.)  So my question is...I've built this huge XML according to the WASK feed format, and as you know this is not a typical, valid feed.  It's missing some elements (there's no duration or length etc etc.)

1.) Could someone suggest some software for converting an existing MRSS feed to the JSON feed that Rovidx (and Roku Direct Pub) requires?

2.)  On a semi-related note, I'm anxious to find out how to use AD ID's like Amazon Ads, or Admob with Rovidx (and/or Roku Direct Publisher.)
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

Got a tutorial on this using WP Smart TV.

http://5thingsseries.com/building-a-roku-channel/

Hope this helps, folks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

"DeanLach" wrote:
Wow Rovidx!  It's good to see you're back.  I found your post today.

I'm an old Rovidx customer (from the Wask build a few years ago.)  So my question is...I've built this huge XML according to the WASK feed format, and as you know this is not a typical, valid feed.  It's missing some elements (there's no duration or length etc etc.)

1.) Could someone suggest some software for converting an existing MRSS feed to the JSON feed that Rovidx (and Roku Direct Pub) requires?

2.)  On a semi-related note, I'm anxious to find out how to use AD ID's like Amazon Ads, or Admob with Rovidx (and/or Roku Direct Publisher.)

Hey Dean!  

1)  Unless you have the skills to code a custom importer, there is no way to currently do this.  Plus you will need all the relevant information or DP will throw errors.

2)  It works with any VAST/VPAID compatible feed.   Last I checked Amazon Ads where only banner/text ads, so none of those would work.   I've tested it with DoubleClick for Publishers and it works great.

-Rob
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

"mkammes" wrote:
Got a tutorial on this using WP Smart TV.

http://5thingsseries.com/building-a-roku-channel/

Hope this helps, folks!

Another great episode Michael!   Thanks so much for including WP Smart TV in the show!!!
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

Rats, a Rovidx Plug In Install Error!

This is what I get when I try to install Rovidx to my newly updated wordpress.org site: 
Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home/zdean/metrofilmfestival.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-smart-tv/lib/rovidx-smart-tv-roku-dfp.phpon line 245
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

Update to the new version (1.3.5) which will fix that error.
Use Wordpress to power your Roku Direct Publisher (& other platforms) -> https://rovidx.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

1.) Hi Rob, I'm sorry to say that I did the update, and then I tried to activate it and got Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in...
 /wp-content/plugins/wp-smart-tv/lib/rovidx-smart-tv-roku-dfp.phpon line 220

2.) I then tried to start fresh.  So I deleted the Plugin, and uploaded the new version.   I got the same line 220 error.  

YIPES!
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

"rovidx_media" wrote:
Update to the new version (1.3.5) which will fix that error.

Hey Rob, In addition to my last post with the error... /wp-content/plugins/wp-smart-tv/lib/rovidx-smart-tv-roku-dfp.phpon line 220
-- I'm using Wordpress.org (Should I be using Wordpress.com?)
Cut that Cable!
0 Kudos