Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lifegenius
Visitor

Re: Generate Direct Publisher JSON feeds with Wordpress

[hiquote="chucka84"]I have my channel running now. I gave up trying to make it work on my justhost domain and I got a new domain through the super cheap option on dreamhost and it works fine there.

Sweet thanks a lot man! I think I might just try that too since I couldn't get it to work on Google compute either. I've gotten pretty quick at updating it manually through atom find and replace but it's still pretty tedious. Out of curiosity, are you using Roku partner monetization or did you go with a 3rd party? I'm with Roku and despite getting my app approved for monetization I'm now being told I need to reach 50,000 streaming hours per month before they'll start serving ads. Pretty ridiculous considering the cost to host and acquire content. I'm not sure whether this is turning out to be a waste of time or not. My app is getting several thousand installs and people are using it, but I'm no where near 50k...
0 Kudos
chucka84
Binge Watcher

"Lifegenius" wrote:
[hiquote="chucka84"]I have my channel running now.  I gave up trying to make it work on my justhost domain and I got a new domain through the super cheap option on dreamhost and it works fine there.

Sweet thanks a lot man! I think I might just try that too since I couldn't get it to work on Google compute either. I've gotten pretty quick at updating it manually through atom find and replace but it's still pretty tedious.  Out of curiosity, are you using Roku partner monetization or did you go with a 3rd party? I'm with Roku and despite getting my app approved for monetization I'm now being told I need to reach 50,000 streaming hours per month before they'll start serving ads. Pretty ridiculous considering the cost to host and acquire content. I'm not sure whether this is turning out to be a waste of time or not. My app is getting several thousand installs and people are using it, but I'm no where near 50k...

I am not doing any monetization at this time but man 50k streaming hours is a ton.
0 Kudos
podworx
Streaming Star

Using Wordpress, how would one go about taking an existing video podcast feed and automatically using it to populate a roku category?  The RSS feed already has all the info needed. . .just need to figure out how to push it to Roku in a manner that works.
0 Kudos
theWilliam

Congratulations on your new plugin! The updates and upcoming features sound impressive, and I'm sure the WordPress community will find them valuable for enhancing their blogs. The clear instructions and compatibility with popular video hosting options make it user-friendly. Best of luck with the approval process, and I hope you receive positive feedback from the blogging community.

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

I know you sent us the info for the Direct Publisher tool being sunset! The scenegraph template being shared works w Series and episodes/ I wanted to try and see if we can use the wp smart tv plugin to create the series and episodes then take the feed url and brig it into the scenegraph template and see if the series and eepisodes get parsed and display!

I also know you wrote - stay tuned for an exciting announcement about a new direction for Rovidx Media! We remain committed to providing innovative solutions and supporting your success. We’re thrilled about what the future holds and look forward to continuing our journey together.

Patiently awaiten to see what you will bring to us!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos

Congratulations on successfully migrating your channel to Dreamhost and resolving hosting issues. Regarding monetization, Roku's requirement of 50,000 streaming hours per month can be challenging for smaller content creators. Considering the significant cost of content acquisition and hosting, it's worth exploring third-party monetization options, which often offer more flexibility. Your app's growing installations and user base are promising signs, and with the right strategy, it may prove a worthwhile endeavor. Keep in mind that building an audience and generating income can take time, so patience and persistence are essential. If you have more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your project! In Last few Days i was working on a client website which is related to mod apk , he was facing the same issue but now it solved . thanks

0 Kudos
ferdiworks
Roku Guru

Please note: that the WP Smart TV Plugin is working but not supported buy the owner as of this posting because of Direct Publisher sunsetting!

However, the plugin does work and must be used with a Redirect plugin in order for the feed link to be used in an SDK channel Package! The Plugin does not create or make an SDK Package so if you are a previous user or new user you must have access to or have someone create an SDK Package for you!

We do create packages and help with the setup if need be and you have many options out there!

Be careful of these companies trying to nickel and dime you with monthly fees and hidden costs!

You do not need those Instant headache subscriptions

You can have your own hosting account and use WordPress with the WP Smart TV Plugin for basic channels if you use a Redirect plugin, See the post above for the method used!!

You can also use Amazon S3 for video Hosting!

And if you want a website for tv or video for your channel your welcome to contact us to find out about our solution so you can make an eductaed decision!

OnDemandTV
admin@ondemandtvnetworks.com
0 Kudos