Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrAlex
Visitor

Feed ingesting for new, unpublished channel - not working

"Please come back to this page in a few minutes to see the new feed status" - you check 24 hours later, it is still "come back in few minutes". 
48 hours later, the same thing.

My channel is not published and this is the first time I am trying to somehow coax the Roku bot to ingest the feed. No luck.

Ideas?
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Feed ingesting for new, unpublished channel - not working

Try using a different browser and clearing the cache. Are you sure you don't have feed errors?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
DrAlex
Visitor

This is the same error-free feed with 2 videos in it that I use whenever I am starting the new channel. I am sure I don't have the feed errors. 

I have tries clearing the cache and 3 different browsers. However, nothing I do can get the Roku bot to ingest the feed.

Here's the screenshot:

https://www.screencast.com/t/jBLJ2I0l

This is not the first channel giving me the same problem. I created my Children's Christmas Channel on 11/29/2018.
The Roku bot finally decided to ingest the feed for the first time on 12/17/2018 06:27AM. 

This is ridiculous. I don't want to wait for several weeks for the Roku bot to do its job. With Children's Christmas Channel I contacted Roku support multiple times, and it still took weeks for the feed to be ingested.
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

I took a look at your feed file.  While it passes Json validation (ie. it is a valid Json tree), it may not pass Roku validation because you have some extraneous json objects in your feed file.  For example, your feed contains "channelDescription" and "channelIcon" objects that are not defined in the Roku Json spec.  Have you tried removing these objects and updating?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
DrAlex
Visitor

I removed the extra entries and refreshed the feed, and this time it was a success, it was ingested. 

Thank you for your help and the tips. much appreciated!
Dr Alex Davidovic
0 Kudos