Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
richxxiii
Channel Surfer

Feed icon missing from Instant TV Channel channel menu

I'm trying to create a new channel on my account from  Instant TV Channel. In the past, I've set up a channel, fed it with content, info, etc, then packaged it, then uploaded it to Roku Developer, etc, and had a little vanity channel for my own needs. It's worked perfectly for years and I can update content at will.

However, I am wanting to make a new channel and experiment with sharing it in a limited basis. What seems to have changed is that Roku now wants me to generate a feed from my new channel and for some reason, the  feed icon missing from channel menu. It's just not there. It's not greyed out or anything. I've updated my account and it's still missing.
Anybody have any tips, etc.?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Feed icon missing from Instant TV Channel channel menu

This seems like a question you should be asking at instant TV support.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
richxxiii
Channel Surfer

"Baradanikto" wrote:
This seems like a question you should be asking at instant TV support.

One would think. Their 'support' points to this forum. I might try simply contacting someone there but it appears to be only a general contact email.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

If their support policy is to point you to this forum, maybe it's time to look for a better solution.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
OddScott
Roku Guru

I'm pretty sure their support does not point to this forum, since I wrote all of the support-related pages on the Instant TV Channel website. 🙂

The "Feed" icon is only present if your publishing mode is set to "Direct Publisher". You can set the mode on the Account page or on any Content page. If your publishing mode is "Developer SDK", then you'll see a "Pkg" (package) icon instead of a "Feed" icon.

Changing the publishing mode between "Direct Publisher" and "Developer SDK" does not change anything in the channel contents maintained by Instant TV Channel, it only controls what is displayed on the web pages. Only the parameters used for the selected publishing mode are displayed on the various editing pages.

If you email help@InstantTvChannel.com the next time you have question, you'll usually get a quicker response than posting your question here. A specific technical contact email address was sent to you shortly after you created your account, although any questions sent to the "general contact email" address will be responded to just as quickly.
www.InstantTvChannel.com - 717-441-4386 - Build a Roku SDK channel in 15 minutes! - Easy Direct Publisher to SDK upgrades!
0 Kudos