Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedRoad
Streaming Star

Re: Error: Required video URL is unreachable

Mine is down again "Required video url is unreachable." anyone else seeing this?

0 Kudos
mikedotmundy
Reel Rookie

Roku did finally email me back yesterday and said, like was already mentioned, it is an issue with Vimeo, and they are hoping to have a solution soon. 

0 Kudos
Rebekah1
Channel Surfer

I have been experiencing this same problem since the beginning of this month. The videos are hosted in a showcase on Vimeo. For the past several months I have had to add the direct video links from Vimeo to the json file I give Roku. The last attempt was to use a json file that was created by an online software my company uses to combine captions with the Vimeo videos. I have reached out to our IT person for help and to Roku, but just get advice to try the stream tester tool. If anyone else has experienced this error and knows of a remedy, I would be very grateful. Thanks.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

You need to use a specific Vimeo link. Click Settings > Advanced Settings, then click Distribution on the left. Scroll all the way down, and copy one of those links.

(You need a paid VImeo account to access this, I don't think its available on free Vimeo)

0 Kudos