Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
moflaherty13
Reel Rookie

Error: Required video URL is unreachable

Hi! We have been humming along for years and now all of a sudden, every video URL is unreachable. We have spot tested a few links and do not see anything wrong. We have read some other posts out here that state it will either correct itself or that it is some permissions. We are at a complete loss of how to fix this. Any help would be most appreciated. Thx!

Feed: https://rokuwebapi.azurewebsites.net/api/main/profile

Feed Issue.PNG

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
moflaherty13
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Required video URL is unreachable

I have seen that one time before and yes, it did seem to correct itself. Do I need to report something to someone? This has been this way for too long 🙂

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

A few of us notified Roku's Partner Success & they said they're 'looking into it'.  Seemed genuine but with all that's going on & quarantining etc, who's to say how much ability they have to address it, as well as the standard 'how big an issue is this really for them'?  (Meaning, could take a few more days or so)

For what its worth, I believe most of us its been about a week. Hopefully yours hasn't been longer when you say "This has been this way for too long". Its understandable if thats too long for you. For me not sure what'll shock me anymore with this. They had a blackout for what, 6 weeks from Thanksgiving to NYE without bothering to post about it onto the boards. Now, once again, 3months later here we are.

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

I have the same message (url is unreachable) for feeds that were working fine before.  A week is way too long for tech response on this and no update /ETA for resolution.  Seems kinda whack.

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

Trying pcloud rather than vimeo.  I was told to use the Public Folder and "direct link".  Waiting for Roku to refresh the Feed Status.  

Trigold
Binge Watcher

Pcloud worked, my feeds are working now and the channel is working again.  Short term solution until Vimeo and Roku get their act together ....

0 Kudos
luiznicolau
Binge Watcher

Hi @Trigold 

to have access to the direct link to put on roku, do you have to be a subscriber? or to use the free 10gb plan, I didn't find the direct link.

thank you

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

@luiznicolau - Yes, had to sign up for a plan. It defaults to an expensive plan, but there is a 1 year plan with 2 TB that is around US$95+/- .  

0 Kudos
mikedotmundy
Reel Rookie

Did you ever see a solution to this? My feed just threw this error yesterday.

0 Kudos
Trigold
Binge Watcher

Hi Mike:

I moved all my content to pcloud and put in new links from there.  You have to pay (but there is one plan that is around $95 for a year).  You need the Public Folder which comes with paid plan.  Upload into the Public Folder and then there is a "SHARE" button for the title - click the direct link.  It worked. 

Vimeo got resolved finally earlier this week and then went down again yesterday, and I had to scramble to get new titles in pcloud as well.  Good luck - back up to somewhere else and keep watching your feed if you use Vimeo.