Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Direct Publisher Automatically Generated BIF?

I've stumbled across something by accident.  In researching a problem, I found that my channel uses BIF files for some of my videos even though I have not coded them in my feed file.  Again, some of my feed files show a Trick Play image when I fast forward through the video.  Others do not.  I have not been able to identify what triggers it.  Has anyone else observed this?
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Automatically Generated BIF?

Could it be a feature of your video host? That auto generates it?  I always figured variations like that vary by host. I think at first I thought the Netflix's etc created them somewhat manually, but one time I saw them on a small channel I was watching.
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Direct Publisher Automatically Generated BIF?

I'd be inclined to believe that except that I'm using Amazon S3 and the Trick Play does not display for all videos.  I don't think Amazon would take it upon themselves to generate those files for me.
FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos