Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LucasS12
Level 7

Can't upload channels

i cant find a faster or more simpler way to upload a channel online. I can only find the more complicated way and that is through the developer tools way. PLEASE HELP ME SOMEONE!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AaronMSpelling
Level 12

Re: Can't upload channels

@LucasS12  the Direct Publisher way is the easiest way. 

just build up your feed ( manually or using software , so on ... ) set up your channel in your Roku account ,  publish it  , after that you only need to update your feed with new content  , the channel will be updated automatically. ( you only need to "use" the developer portal if for example you created a new category or deleted / modified one - in that case you need to make the necessary adjustments in your Roku settings ) 

so quite easy  , couple of click process. ( or a little bit more clicks if you code the feed manually )

Building a TV Channel can be easy … if you have a right tools ===>> https://tv-channel.info/
0 Kudos
Baradanikto
Level 13

Re: Can't upload channels

To be clear, you don't need to use the developer portal to define categories or tags. They can be defined in the feed file.

FREE Windows desktop software for creating BIF (Trick Play), Direct Publisher (MRSS, JSON), and FireTV feeds @ GitHub/rrirower. No programming knowledge required.
0 Kudos