Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
herlsone
Streaming Star

Bug not fixed - Channel Categories Still Not Updating.

So we all got the emails 2 weeks ago that they finally fixed the bug that was forking up our channels.  Everyone celebrated!! WOOHOO!!!

BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTT - mine sorta got fixed in the dashboard, but the published channel itself is that same as it was 3 months ago.  New shows do get uploaded via the feed, but the categories are all old. Sad it still goes on.  Lots of good advice here, but nothing ultimately helped.

Already lost one paying client that wanted a roku channel...sigh.  Come-on Roku..

image.png

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Baradanikto
Roku Guru

Re: Bug not fixed - Channel Categories Still Not Updating.

How do you specify the categories? Are you using the feed file to define the them, or, the developer portal?

FREE Windows desktop software for converting Direct Publisher channels to SceneGraph (SDK), for creating BIF (Trick Play) files, Roku (MRSS, JSON) feed files, and FireTV feed files @ GitHub/rrirower.
0 Kudos
herlsone
Streaming Star

Re: Bug not fixed - Channel Categories Still Not Updating.

I have tried and published both styles of categories.  I am just going to start over with that channel.  Delete everything for a week or so, I should not lose any installs.  Then see if it erases it. Then start over.   I have an exact duplicate channel (with different branding), and an unpublished test channel that does not have these issues.  Plenty of problems I create, but this one is theirs. bleah

0 Kudos