Roku Direct Publisher

The easiest way to create a great TV experience.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
37mediagroup
Level 13

Vimeo users check your thumbnails

For anyone using Vimeo hosting platform, yet likely hand coding json, check your channel & thumbnails. Seems they did a changeover which gave new urls for thumbnail images, and they old ones are now defunct, displaying only color bars. I had some trouble with the new ones not always showing either, and reached out to Vimeo support. There's a thread in the regular developers section as well.

1 REPLY 1
37mediagroup
Level 13

Re: Vimeo users check your thumbnails

Never really heard back, but I recoded them manually (about 300 of them).  There's two ways to do it, I was able to follow along these steps for an API GET request (sounds complex, but I'm not great at coding/server knowledge but was able to follow along).   https://vimeo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4409973487117-Fixing-Video-Thumbnails-in-Custom-Applicat...

Otherwise, if you set your video to public, and click its shorter public/normal url, you will see a little thumbnail of it plus other videos on the bottom right. Right click it and select 'Open Image In New Tab" and it opens a bigger image of it. Just add    _800x450  to the end of it to resize it as 800x450 or whatever you need (Direct Publisher needs that sizing I believe)

0 Kudos