Roku Direct Publisher

Roku Direct Publisher - the easiest way to create a great TV experience. Learn more about how to create a Roku channel and share your experiences with others.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
merp_alert
Reel Rookie

Ad Server URL Works in RAF Tester, But Not in Channel

I'm using a Google Ad Tag URL as my ad server URL. It works fine loading an ad in the RAF tester app. But, when I play a video in my channel, the player appears to pause at the ad break timecode specified in my feed, but an ad never manages to load. Is there a log or console somewhere that can give me more info about why ads are failing to load in the channel player?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
merp_alert
Reel Rookie

Re: Ad Server URL Works in RAF Tester, But Not in Channel

I have my ad tag URL set to return the ad response in VAST3 format, which Roku documentation says it supports. I've tried contacting "Roku Partner Success" twice over the past few weeks via that web form. So far, I've received no response. Is there some other avenue I can use that will be more successful in getting a response from them?

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Is this a Google Ad Manager VAST tag?  Also, could it be you have too small a numer of ads set to run this month (ie. 100) whereas the ad server is looking for an ad to fill it and returning blanks, since it spreads the 100 over the course of the month.

TBH Roku won't help much on this since it's a 3rd party ad server, not really their scope of support to troubleshoot it.

0 Kudos
merp_alert
Reel Rookie

It is a GAM ad tag URL. I'm fairly certain it's not an inventory issue. I would love to troubleshoot it myself, which is why my question is about other logs or consoles where I could see errors associated with ads failing to load. The RAF/Stream tester tool renders an ad perfectly every time. So, that's not particularly helpful.

0 Kudos
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Ok. Is it someone else's GAM?  An agency or colleague of sorts?

0 Kudos
sattun
Roku Guru

Hi @merp_alert

DM me your Ad url and your JSON content feed URL, I'll take a look at it.

Cheers 

OTTfeed: Lease a custom Roku SDK for $99/month go to https://OTTfeed.com/lease
0 Kudos