Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add some channels to my new roku

Hi, I just got a #Roku LE, and is not letting me add channels like Disney+, HBO max, and all of those, nothing but Netflix and Youtube, and I don't know how to do to add all the other things, and there's not even a search

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DieselTech
Binge Watcher

Re: Can't add some channels to my new roku

Are you outside of the US? If so which country?

0 Kudos

Yes I'm outside, Venezuela, and those channels are all available in my country without a VPN

0 Kudos
DieselTech
Binge Watcher

I’m not sure but it it could be because your Roku is not supported in Venezuela. That is why you do not have a search menu also

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Unfortunately, just because a service is available in a specific country, it doesn’t mean it’s available on a Roku. Each channel has geographic limits set within the channel store, and Roku cannot override those settings. It’s up to the provider to allow their channel to be available in your country. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If a particular channel is available in your region via other platforms but not on Roku, then it's likely the channel has not authorized Roku to enable it in your region. I would suggest you contact the channel about this directly.  Don't be surprised the front line people know nothing beyond the content of their own press releases and do not understand that Roku is following the restrictions placed by their own service when their app was  submitted to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos