Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

utf8 text

hi,

how would one display utf8 text with the sdk? basically I have some vietnamese text parsed from an xml file, when added as a description to the roPosterScreen it doesn't render properly. are Vietnamese text supported?

another question is with the nhl gamecenter live the poster screen have the match up art work, team @ team, would I need to use the roImageCanvas for this and are ther any code sample for this?

thanks amd happy holidays.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: utf8 text

"hockeyanonymous" wrote:
how would one display utf8 text with the sdk? basically I have some vietnamese text parsed from an xml file, when added as a description to the roPosterScreen it doesn't render properly. are Vietnamese text supported?

Most components are ASCII only.

"hockeyanonymous" wrote:
another question is with the nhl gamecenter live the poster screen have the match up art work, team @ team, would I need to use the roImageCanvas for this and are ther any code sample for this?

Most likely, they just have static images for all the necessary combinations in the cloud and the API delivers the appropriate one to the channel for each game.
0 Kudos

Re: utf8 text

thanks for the answer Chris. maybe I'll find a way to sanitize the text. I did a tcpdump to see how the image is being pulled in, wow 900ish jpg, one for each matchup...
0 Kudos