Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

time in xml

i was wondering if this time is not correct will it affect the video at all as far as moving forward or saving the position its at?
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: time in xml

I'd have to say it's not used by other than the Springboard details screen. I don't even set it in my private home streaming channel and pausing a video still displays the correct length for the video.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

so i am trying to figure out how to get the current length of the video once its loaded into the rovideoscreen.

i have tried get data, get message , index you name it but cant find it.

this is because not all the time its set in the xml so there must be a way that the videoscreen gets it because it shows correctly the length with when you try to FF

Thank you in advance
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

It'd definitely be a nice to have, but currently neither the video screen nor the video player exposes that information, as far as I'm aware.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

ok i thought i was imagining things cause i couldn't find it anywhere or in the docs either
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

This is not currently available from the roVideoScreen, roVideoPlayer components. We rely on the developer setting the content meta data parameters (usually getting the values from an XML feed).

--Kevin
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

kevin thanks for the info because the odd thing is were not passing that info from the XML to Roku and it seems to be pretty accurate when you hit FF etc
0 Kudos