Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulgendek
Visitor

theme.OverhangSliceHD on roPosterScreen issue

This works on the grid screen:
theme.GridScreenOverhangSliceHD = "pkg:/images/Overhang.jpg"

This does not work on the poster screen:
theme.OverhangSliceHD = "pkg:/images/Overhang.jpg"

However, this does work on the poster screen:
theme.OverhangPrimaryLogoHD = "pkg:/images/OverhangLogo.png"

Any idea why the overhang isn't showing up on the poster screen? It's showing the default blue gradient.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: theme.OverhangSliceHD on roPosterScreen issue

Verify your filename is correct for theme.OverhangSliceHD = "pkg:/images/Overhang.jpg" - case sensitive. Power cycle the roku to make sure it's not trying to use a cached image with that name. Make sure it's a valid JPG file and that it doesn't exceed the maximum size of the image. PNG will work too, but since you have an issue with Overhang.jpg, I simply said JPG.

OverhangSliceSD
Overhang width SD: 720
suggested maximum Overhang height SD: 83
enforced maximum Overhang height SD: 92

OverhangSliceHD
Overhang width HD: 1280
suggested maximum Overhang height HD: 124
enforced maximum Overhang height HD: 138

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25476&hilit=maximum+graphic+pixels
0 Kudos
paulgendek
Visitor

It's the same as the grid screen, which works fine, so I know it's not the path, filename, height, etc.

It could be a cache issue. I didn't power cycle it and I'm not able to test it again right at this moment, but when I was testing this, changes would take effect, like the logo on the poster screen and the overlay on the grid screen.
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If I make a bunch of changes to the overhang images, I need to power cycle the roku box (if it's in the pkg) for poster screens. Luckily, my graphics designer has a sizing template now that he uses to get the graphics correct the first time. - much less power cycling that way. I'd be interested in any way to force-refresh or a way to force-clear the cache on a poster screen sometime but I don't know of any right now.
0 Kudos
paulgendek
Visitor

Good to know!

I will try this and report back. Thanks!
0 Kudos
paulgendek
Visitor

Just had it tested on clean power cycle and it's still showing the default blue overhang.

Any other ideas?
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

If you have something like
App=CreateObject("roAppManager")
theme=CreateObject("roAssociativeArray")
theme.overhangslicehd="pkg:/images/Overhang.jpg"
app.SetTheme(theme)

before the poster screen is displayed with .show, then is your roku really set to HD?
It could be that you have an sd image copy of the hd graphic for the gridscreen and no overhangslicesd defined for the poster screen?
Otherwise, no I have no more ideas. Maybe someone else has the reason for it.
0 Kudos