Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
belltown
Roku Guru

3.0 question

I'm just curious why my Roku has been updated to version 3.0 - build 2227. Previous forums posts indicate that this is Beta software to be issued to developers who specifically request it. I don't remember requesting it or seeing a release announcement/release notes regarding a public release. I'm also curious whether there's any way I can find out exactly when my unit was updated, as some things (my audio player app) don't quite seem to be working the way they were a week or two ago. I'm trying to track down whether it's a problem at my end or something a firmware update could have affected.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 3.0 question

It looks like the 2227 build is no longer beta and they are slowly rolling it out to all boxes. I don't think there's anyway to tell when your box got the update. Release notes are often slow in coming. Hopefully they'll update the links to the documentation now that 3.0 is being rolled out. It's possible that the new firmware could affect you, but I don't remember any specific changes to the audio player. Is there something specific that isn't working properly?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kc8pql
Visitor

Re: 3.0 question

OP,the first public mention of 2227 was in this post on the general forum Wed. http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=44241#p299900
That's probably about the earliest you'd have been updated.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No, I don't work for Roku.
Netflix Player N1000X, XDS 2100X (premature death by lightning)
Roku2 XD 3050X, Roku2 XS 3100R, Roku2 4210R
0 Kudos