Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toddaa
Visitor

splash_color issues

splash_color doesn't seem to be working for me. I added it to the end of my manifest file after splash_screen_hd and splash_screen_sd. The images appear fine, but they are over a completely black background. The color I am specifying does not show at all. Do I need to specify a width/height for the splash screen? I'm wondering if it is showing the color, but its just under the image. Any ideas??
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: splash_color issues

Did a quick test, seems to work just fine here:

title=test 123
subtitle=this is a test
splash_screen_hd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_focus_hd.png
splash_screen_sd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_focus_sd.png
splash_color=#ff00FF
mm_icon_focus_hd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_focus_hd.png
mm_icon_side_hd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_side_hd.png
mm_icon_focus_sd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_focus_sd.png
mm_icon_side_sd=pkg:/images/mm_icon_side_sd.png
major_version=1
minor_version=1
build_version=2
0 Kudos
toddaa
Visitor

Ok, I made it work. Looking at your example I moved just the splash_color line up under the subtitle. This made it work. But when I put it back to the bottom (last line) it is broken again. Come to find out, if I leave it at the bottom with no carriage return after it, it will not work. As soon as I give it a carriage return it works fine. Please try this, If this is a bug please let me know where to report it.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

According to the Component Reference, section 3.2 Application Directory and Manifest Data: "Note that each name=value pair must end with a newline character, or it will not be parsed by the firmware. Take care that the last line actually ends with a newline character." That's why you need a blank line at the end of your manifest file (a line containing a comment such as '# This is a dummy last line' will work too). In other words, the last line of the manifest file, if it doesn't end with a newline character, is ignored. At least on Windows, the last line of a text file doesn't normally have a newline character at the end.
0 Kudos
toddaa
Visitor

Wow...cant believe I missed that. I looked all over for this because it seemed too simple to be a bug. Thanks for the tip regardless.
0 Kudos