Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

roVideoPlayer events

Back in October, TheEndless reported that the isStreamStarted event never fires for roVideoPlayer. There was never a follow-up from anyone at Roku and it's still in the documentation and it still doesn't fire. Could this either be implemented or removed from the documentation?

In addition, there's an undocumented event that does fire - Type = 0. That would normally be the isListItemSelected event which makes sense given the SetContentList method. My question is, is it safe to use this undocumented event to get the current stream or is it possible that it could go away?

And for the record, isRequestSucceeded also fires but isn't documented under roVideoPlayer. So are undocumented events safe to use?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: roVideoPlayer events

renojim,

Thanks for following up with the bug report. We'll add it to our v3.0 triage meeting this week.

It is save to use isRequestSucceeded on roVideoPlayer. It is not safe to use the undocumented type=0 event.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Thanks. I expected you to say both were safe to use. It just seemed to make sense that there would be a isListItemSelected event to go with SetContentList.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dynamitemedia
Binge Watcher

I have two questions, one why is it not safe? what will happen?

and two what are some example usage of isRequestSucceeded
Twitter: iptvmyway facebook: iptvmyay
Channels: Warriors of War, Go Fight Live, Heading Outdoorz, IPTVmyway
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

"dynamitemedia" wrote:
I have two questions, one why is it not safe? what will happen?

By safe they mean will not disappear later possibly causing your channel to break.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos