Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EngoTom
Visitor

roSpringboardScreen Category seperator char

On the roSpringboardScreen in movie mode categories are shown at the bottom. 2 categories max.
I have a 3rd category to display. I'd like to just add a string to the categories array as follows "CAT2 * CAT3" but I can't figure out what char to use for * so it matches the generated one.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: roSpringboardScreen Category seperator char

Give 0xB7 a try.... Please share your result.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
EngoTom
Visitor

Thanks Kevin,

Not sure how to represent this as a string in BrightScript....

Forgive my ignorance.....
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Chr(183)

That looks like the correct character to me! I was actually needing to know the same thing, so thanks for asking the question, and thanks for answering, Kevin!
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
EngoTom
Visitor

OK thanks

I tried this and it prints nothing to the screen

sep = " " + Chr(183) + " "

cat2 + sep + cat3
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Hrmm... It works in paragraph text and on the roImageCanvas, but doesn't seem to work in the metadata or breadcrumb...
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
RokuKevin
Visitor

utf8 is not officially supported. There are a few places where we have made the change, but most strings have not been converted at this point. Sorry that I can't list which have changed and which haven't.... this is constantly evolving.

--Kevin
0 Kudos