Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Motorcykey
Visitor

roGridScreen displaying its borders when viewed in HD?

Hello,

I'm noticing an odd issue after styling my Grid Screen. In Standard Definition, everything looks fine. However, when the Roku is in 1080p HD and I view my app, the Grid Screen appears to display borders around certain elements. Specifically, in between the Overhang and the main content area. And around the designated Description Image area. Again, these borders do not appear at all when viewed in SD.

I have uploaded some images which display the issue to the URL below. To better display the issue, I set my Grid Callout Description Image to just a transparent PNG. However, I'm noticing it on my normal graphic because I'm attempting to offset it away from the designated area a bit.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bh39yjjkamz1 ... t9Jla?dl=0

Can someone clarify if this is a bug? Is there a particular reason this occurs? Or is there a workaround for this I may not have discovered in the documentation?

Thank you!

-Mikey
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
ov2015
Visitor

Re: roGridScreen displaying its borders when viewed in HD?

I too have this issue in 1080p. In my case, its a small line at the bottom of the comment box. I could see you have that one too in your images.

I was thinking of uploading both HD and SD images for the comment box surroundings and check if that can solve the issue.

Will let you know if I have anything for this issue.

Tx
0 Kudos
Motorcykey
Visitor

That's a good idea for resolving the line around the grid-callout box. I'll have to try. Not sure how I can resolve the border at the top of the app, however. Is there a style that allows me to set a background image to the full Grid Screen that I may be missing?
0 Kudos
Motorcykey
Visitor

Update: I couldn't actually add a background to resolve the issue around my Grid Callout box. Even when attempting to add a background that matched the overall app background, a border still appeared around the callout box, only now it was where the full box was offset. So strange.
0 Kudos
Motorcykey
Visitor

Has anyone else happened to run into this issue? Are there specific design requirements for the Grid Screen background and images that I may be missing?
0 Kudos