Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMarkn
Visitor

Re: roChannelStore

Sorry, when I first wrote the response I was under the impression that the channel store XML format was already documented. I see that's not true. I'll see if I can get some info.

--Mark
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
Sorry, when I first wrote the response I was under the impression that the channel store XML format was already documented. I see that's not true. I'll see if I can get some info.

--Mark

Thanks, Mark. It looks like all of the documentation for the roChannelStore needs to be updated. A few of the issues I've run across:

• GetStoreCatalog does not return the specified metadata in the documentation. Instead it returns the following:
    • code
    • cost
    • name
    • description
    • qty
    • productType
    • purchaseDate
    • HDPosterUrl
    • SDPosterUrl
  • GetOrder does not return the specified metadata in the documentation. Instead it returns only the following:
    • code
    • qty
  • DeltaOrder doesn't appear to exist at all.
  • The GetStatus() method of the roChannelStoreEvent returns an integer value that doesn't seem to actually correspond with the values in the documented enum, nor does it correspond with the numerical values listed in the documentation for GetStatusMessage().

Also, FakeServer() aside, is there any way to create products that can be associated with the dev channel, so we can actually debug while testing?
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

Just a friendly *bump* to see if there's any new news here. I'd really like to be able to test (and debug) the channel store functionality before I go through the whole content approval process. From what I understand, I can't even publish products for testing without getting approval first...
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
buskila
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:
Just a friendly *bump* to see if there's any new news here. I'd really like to be able to test (and debug) the channel store functionality before I go through the whole content approval process. From what I understand, I can't even publish products for testing without getting approval first...

Same here. We are trying to create a channel with monthly subscription. The inChannelPurchase example is not really usable and there is no clear documentation.

Thanks
0 Kudos
acornils
Visitor

I see there has been some activity on this thread since I started it several months back, but going back to my original question can someone please please provide examples of the xml files for the fakeserver method so I can finish testing my application. See below for the files I'm talking about.

Thanks,
Aaron

"RokuMarkn" wrote:
Hm, I've never used this feature (nor did I even know it existed until now), but looking at the source, it looks like it works this way. In the directory pkg:/csfake, you can have these xml files:

CheckOrder.xml
PlaceOrder.xml
GetCatalog.xml
GetPurchases.xml
GetUpgrade.xml
UpgradeChannel.xml

If you call roChannelStore.FakeServer(true), then the response to a channel store request will be the contents of the corresponding xml file. No transaction with the channel store actually takes place.

--Mark
0 Kudos
tvn
Visitor

Did anyone ever figure out the format for these xml files?
0 Kudos
RokuRobB
Streaming Star

Hi everyone. You might find this article on the Roku Developer Blog useful for answering many of your questions about using roChannelStore.

http://blog.roku.com/developer/2013/06/ ... -channels/
0 Kudos
azoff
Visitor

*bump*

The blog post isn't really addressing the issue here. What I, and I'm sure many others, want to know is: what are the contents of the XML files in the csfake directory?

In particular, I am using an in-app update, which doesn't match the catalog/order flow outlined in the blog post. What I need to know is what the GetUpdate.xml file should contain, so that I can test the update flow offline.
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"azoff" wrote:
*bump*

The blog post isn't really addressing the issue here. What I, and I'm sure many others, want to know is: what are the contents of the XML files in the csfake directory?

In particular, I am using an in-app update, which doesn't match the catalog/order flow outlined in the blog post. What I need to know is what the GetUpdate.xml file should contain, so that I can test the update flow offline.

The sample code linked in that blog post contains example XML files. While it doesn't have a GetUpgrade.xml file, presumably, it's pretty much identical to the GetPurchases.xml and/or GetCatalog.xml, since the SDK documentation indicates that they all return the same metadata. Have you tried using one of those as a starting point?
0 Kudos
azoff
Visitor

"TheEndless" wrote:

The sample code linked in that blog post contains example XML files. While it doesn't have a GetUpgrade.xml file, presumably, it's pretty much identical to the GetPurchases.xml and/or GetCatalog.xml, since the SDK documentation indicates that they all return the same metadata. Have you tried using one of those as a starting point?

In fact, I did 🙂 Thanks for responding so quickly.

However, when trying to get the roChannelStore.GetUpdate() method to work, I found that the best I could get was a successful response with no items in it. Try as I might (I tried products, orderItems, purchaseItems, and items), I couldn't get the items roArray object to populate. Hence, I couldn't verify the second half of the example listed in the roChannelStore documentation (http://sdkdocs.roku.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3114131). So, ya, I kinda need to know the schema for the GetUpdate.xml file.

I imagine that the documentation for these files will eventually get up there; sounds like the Roku guys just have a little catch-up to do.
0 Kudos