Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmn
Visitor

roAppManager SetThemeAttribute runtime change

Hi I'm havign some problems setting a theme, im loading the assets from the web, they are loading fine, the file loads and exists.. but when theyre set to the roAppManager via SetThemeAttribute, they dont appear...

Can roAppManager SetThemeAttribute be changed anytime during runtime and the changes will be shown?

thanks!
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: roAppManager SetThemeAttribute runtime change

Usually you have to trigger some action to get changes to show. For example after updating the theme with roAppManager, something like this:

function Refresh()
dialog=createobject("roonelinedialog")
dialog.show()
dialog.close()
end function

will usually do the trick.

- Joel
0 Kudos
TheEndless
Channel Surfer

"RokuJoel" wrote:
Usually you have to trigger some action to get changes to show. For example after updating the theme with roAppManager, something like this:

function Refresh()
dialog=createobject("roonelinedialog")
dialog.show()
dialog.close()
end function

will usually do the trick.

- Joel

Just to be clear.. that is a complete hack to get around what could possibly be considered a bug in the firmware. Depending on where you're calling it, resetting the content should technically cause the screen to repaint, which, if it works, is much less hackish that opening and closing a dialog. Ideally, another call to screen.Show() would force a repaint, but that wasn't the case the last time we discussed this.
My Channels: http://roku.permanence.com - Twitter: @TheEndlessDev
Instant Watch Browser (NetflixIWB), Aquarium Screensaver (AQUARIUM), Clever Clocks Screensaver (CLEVERCLOCKS), iTunes Podcasts (ITPC), My Channels (MYCHANNELS)
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

I believe calling screen.Show() now forces the update as I have a channel where I change the primaryLogo in the theme and I don't use any hacks to accomplish it, but I remembering fighting it for quite a while and I'm not positive that it works 100% of the time.

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Well, it is supposed to, but, I have never seen it work.

- Joel
0 Kudos
bmn
Visitor

Thanks all for the ideas... but i couldnt get it working...

here's what i'm doing:

1 - load the images locally to tmp
2 - check the images have loaded, whiche they did
3 - set the images stored to SetThemeAttribute
4 - i pop up the login modal

the images aent shown...

what else could i try?

thanks!
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Are you sure it's not a caching problem? If you overwrite an image in tmp and keep the same name the old image will be used. Which theme attribute are you trying to change?

-JT
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
bmn
Visitor

Im trying to change OverhangSliceHD

I made it work a couple of times by using an image from the web, without loading it before, just by setting the url to the attribute, but i couldnt get that same thing working again... i tried deleting all other possible references to OverhangSliceHD and setting that url at the begining of the code, but still no luck...
0 Kudos