Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shess
Visitor

"Video error code: -3" trying to play PlayReady dash stream

Hello,

I'm having difficulty playing a PlayReady encrypted stream with a dash manifest.  This stream works elsewhere, but I can't figure out what is going wrong on Roku, and the error message is extremely vague:
Video error code: -3 Msg: An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.

The setup is very straight forward:
  contentNode.url = m.videoUrl
  contentNode.Title = m.VideoDetails.Title
  contentNode.KeySystem = "playready"
  contentNode.streamFormat = "dash"
  contentNode.encodingType = "PlayReadyLicenseAcquisitionUrl"
  contentNode.encodingKey = m.drmKeyUrl

The encodingKey variable is set to the PlayReady license acquisition URL.  (ExpressPlay)

This does not work in the Roku stream tester, either.

Is there any way to get more info about the actual error?  I've tried everything I can think of, any hints or info is extremely appreciated.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
gomad
Roku Guru

Re: "Video error code: -3" trying to play PlayReady dash stream

from their docs:

Make sure that the init segment is under 4KB in size.DASH playback failures appear to be caused by the DASH init segment being too large, in 8.1 the init segment needs to be under 4KB in size.
0 Kudos
shess
Visitor

Hello and thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately, our init segments max out to less than 2kb.  We've tried everything we can think of with a stream that works on other platforms, but no luck.  Any further thoughts are also greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
jasonjustman
Visitor

Please see my post regarding CENC PR+WV defaultIV size values that are supported with PR2.5-3 (8 bytes only):

https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=116388&p=649340#p649340

j
0 Kudos
MuviDev
Binge Watcher

Hi Also i am facing the same issue Getting error code -5 and message is "no valid bitrates" while playing Expressplay Playready+dash

Any one has solution please update here.

0 Kudos