Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KennyJ
Roku Guru

Re: mythtv channnel

0 Kudos
jsj123
Visitor

If a couple of you guys could send me your email addresses, I would like to email you a .zip file. We would like to start this small.

--Stephen
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Setup a free account on bitbucket.org or github.org and and share the project that way. You get free storage and source control all in one.
0 Kudos

I've slapped something simple together based on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1118209

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Hxu2vYn6U

I'd love to see what you've made.
0 Kudos
jsj123
Visitor

Sorry to drop out for the past few weeks, we ran out of time to work on the app. It works great, we are watching the Olympics using it. The size difference between a mpeg2 and h264 file is huge. Fours of television nets us a 25g file, after transcoding it, we are down to 3.5G. We need to work more on our transcoder options, the video quality is ok, and it takes about 50 minutes to transcode 60 minutes of video.

We need to add the code to enter the ip address of the myth server, and we still have not got the video offset to work properly. I am thinking I need to create a table in the database to hold the video position and a couple of other data feilds.

--Stephen
0 Kudos
TommyTheKid
Visitor

Take a look at BCL's code elsewhere in this forum, its just adding a keyboard screen before the channel loads the categories.xml instead of using a hardcoded path. Store it in the registry and read it back out next time.

Resuming playback is another ball of wax entirely 😉

Tommy
0 Kudos
mikeh
Visitor

Just blundered across this while googling for roku channels. How is this project coming along? Is it ready for public consumption yet? I'm not a programmer by trade but don't mind getting my hands dirty on my Debian box. I've been hoping for something like this to get my Roku to stream my Mythtv recordings. Is the code available somewhere?

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
forumsviewer
Visitor

"mikeh" wrote:
Just blundered across this while googling for roku channels. How is this project coming along? Is it ready for public consumption yet? I'm not a programmer by trade but don't mind getting my hands dirty on my Debian box. I've been hoping for something like this to get my Roku to stream my Mythtv recordings. Is the code available somewhere?

Thanks,
Mike

I agree, what happened to this?
0 Kudos
markos
Visitor

You could also try mythrokuplayer

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=33704&start=0
0 Kudos