Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshua
Visitor

Categories

I am not able to find an example within the documentation or in the forums.

How can I load a category within an XML file as the top node. Meaning, as soon as the app is launched, you are looking at the categoryleaf(s). My test app will only have one category and having to click through this is just an extra step. I am working on this using the videoplayer app as an example.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Categories

I would think if you were to change PreDisplayHomeScreen and DisplayHomeScreen, to access PreDisplayPosterScreen and DisplayPosterScreen, you could have entering the channel go directly to the leaf categories - just I'm not sure how you could do that while using more than a single main category. The number of leafs seem tied to the number of main categories.
0 Kudos
RokuChris
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

We have a generic MRSS channel that skips directly to the episode list when only one feed is specified. Drop me a PM with your email address and I can send you the code.
0 Kudos
joshua
Visitor

I looked over the MRSS code. Not really what I was wanting to accomplish as it changes everything I have worked on to this point. So I assume there is no easy way to tell it to load a specific category as the top node?
0 Kudos