Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fractal97
Visitor

mms question

A number of links that I'd like to watch use mms for live streaming. Is there any plan to include this into supported stuff soon? Right now what is supported is quite limited.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKevin
Visitor

Re: mms question

We do not currently have any plans to support mms.

--Kevin
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

Re: mms question

To further clarify, I imagine Roku's position is that HLS is superior in many respects to MMS, and is the protocol of the future. Expending effort to support older streaming formats which may not be completely supported by the underlying chipset is probably counter-productive.

While it would be nice to be able to interface with more existing sites, I have to say that I agree that HLS provides some awesome capabilities, and is the future of streaming at this point.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.