Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegetto
Visitor

manifest file

sorry for the dumb question, and trust me, i wouldn't have asked if i haven't already spent a couple hours of trail and error here.

i'm new, obviously, and can't even get the first "hello world" channel to install. keeps telling me no manifest. of course, in the excellent developer's guide, it says to create a manifest file......... no extension type. i'm sure this is where i'm going wrong. i've saved it as many different file types and have came up with no success. using notepad++ as my editor if that matters.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
vegetto
Visitor

Re: manifest file

nevermind, user error zipping up the folder 😞
0 Kudos
UTR
Visitor

I have the same error. I have tried to zip only the development folder,that didn't work. I go this error "No manifest". Next, I zipped the contents only of the folder from inside the development folder, I got the same error again. Finally, I unzipped the sample file of videoplayer.zip, which would not work after I re-zipped it. (using mac os x)
0 Kudos
UTR
Visitor

So, I found the mac error. When I edited the "manifest" file and saved it mac added the ".txt" extension. To fix click cmd+i on the file, or select the file and choose "File>Get Info" from the navigation and you will be able to see the file properties so you can remove the .txt extension.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.