Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to place label or scene graph element on video node

I want to show some text on the right top of video node. can anyone help me on this.
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
lock_4815162342
Channel Surfer

Re: how to place label or scene graph element on video node

I am trying to do something similar. Any help would be appreciated :?. 
jeremie
Visitor

Hi
I found a hack few days ago. I think roku use a special optimization for full page video. I apply a translation="[1,0]" on my Video element to display some scene graph elements over the video 🙂

best regards,
jeremie.
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

I am not sure what this is about. Videos are played on separate plane behind the graphics plane (where all UI elements are displayed, including RSG Group progeny). The video is always behind the graphics and sometimes you may have to do a cut-out/transparency in your overlay graphics for it to display.

If some UI element is not displaying, my suspicion is that another UI element is covering it, displayed on top of it. I would like to hear more about this translation="[1,0]" magic - if indeed a clean experiment says it makes a difference (i.e. change to [0,0] and confirm this alone makes the element disappear)
0 Kudos
MrWalnut
Reel Rookie

It doesn't seem to do the trick. Is there any other way to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
chaklasiyanikun
Roku Guru

I got this same issue earlier. I did this trick and I think you should use this too.