Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aBlaze
Channel Surfer

how to display chinese closed captions

I would like to display Chinese closed captions.

Any suggestion to do so?

Currently when i set "subtitleTrack" to chinese, instead of displaying characters i see just empty rectangles.

I believe that default font do not include those characters. how can i change font for captions?

btw. "captionStyle" property on video as far i understand docs can change font but only on fonts that are provided by roku?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
IvanVitD
Reel Rookie

Re: how to display chinese closed captions

Hi @aBlaze ,
Did you get any answer on your issue related to chinese CC? Or did you resolve it somehow?

I have the same problem with arabic CC :(.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @IvanVitD,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.
Please be noted that Closed captions features are available only when the service provider (e.g., Netflix, The Roku Channel, or Hulu) includes them with their content. 
Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature: How to enable closed captioning | Official Roku Support
Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
IvanVitD
Reel Rookie

HI @RokuMary-F,

Thanks for your replay.
I just want to say, that I'm a developer and I want to resolve such coding issue for closed captions for my channel. 
So, not sure if it possible at all. Are there any system settings manipulations, CC config settings or similar for enabling such languages to be correct visible.

Thank you.

0 Kudos