Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newpic
Visitor

how to add live channel to Roku?

I have a live streaming account with dacast.com How do I create a live channel to roku player?
I look at the sample video player that came with the SDK. I can play video file from the website (Url). But I can't
do a live. Per the SDK develop guide said it support and can be done, but I can't find any example how to do it?
Is there anyone can help point out to me?
example from the sample
<streamUrl>http://video.ted.com/talks/podcast/ElizabethGilbert_2009_480.mp4</streamUrl>

how do you do for a live streaming channel? live channel does not show a web link.
Please help me.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: how to add live channel to Roku?

Look at the apple test stream example in the simplevideoplayer example.

You need to figure out if your streaming account lets you stream to IOS devices like iphone/ipad. If so, then you would figure out what that url (typically ending in .m3u8) is and plug it into simplevideoplayer example, you'll need to add a line like srt="" to the example.

- Joel
0 Kudos
cicero19
Visitor

Can you please provide some examples of streaming services that offer this? I am looking to do the same thing.
0 Kudos
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

take a look at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=34726

near the top of the forum.

- Joel
0 Kudos