Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adrianc1982
Visitor

Re: displaying Fast Forward character ►►

i fixed it during the AM, just couldnt get back to post it.

i was loading the font inside a function and the scope of the function was messing around with the canvas, the font has to be loaded in the same scope as the canvas for it to work.

So i load the font in the same scope as the canvas and then i set it as a global object and access it through the scope of my new function 🙂

all is good and working, thanks very much, the only downside to using the font is the size of the font file its over 100kb thats a lot for the small space we are allowed to use in our proyects 😞

But still my proyect is in line with the size of roku apps..
0 Kudos
belltown
Roku Guru

Re: displaying Fast Forward character ►►

"adrianc1982" wrote:
i fixed it during the AM, just couldnt get back to post it.

... the only downside to using the font is the size of the font file its over 100kb thats a lot for the small space we are allowed to use in our projects 😞

I'm glad you got it working.

Note that it's the compressed size of the font file that matters, as far as how much space we are allowed to use is concerned. When I downloaded the Liberation Sans font, the uncompressed size was 131KB, but only 84KB after compressing with 7-Zip. That's not too bad for a decent font with lots of special characters. If it's an issue, there are font editors you can use to remove the characters you're not interested in to save space, although it's not something I've needed to do so far, and I've even used that font with channels that were developed to work with the (now deprecated) legacy Roku firmware that only has a limit of around 750KB for channel packages.
0 Kudos