Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joetesta
Roku Guru

append token for CDN auth?

Hello -

EDIT: A simpler way to ask:
can a roku app add a custom parameter to the media URLs it obtains through the XML feeds?

We are looking to move our content to a CDN and I'm trying to figure out if our roku app can support this.

When the user (roku box) requests the content from the CDN, the URL must include a unique Auth token. The CDN will then hit our database with that Auth token and get a response back to validate the user and serve the content (or not).

So I was thinking that, to get the unique token, each time the user requests to play media the roku box could access a script in the existing server's mutual SSL auth pages to generate the unique token, then append that token to the media request URL.

I looked through the docs and didn't find anything about this yet but I'm wondering if it's possible?

Alternatively I was thinking we could generate the XML for each user on the fly with the unique token already embedded in the URLs, but I think it will be easier to integrate everything else if the users all get the same XML and the roku app appends the token on each request.

Does anyone have suggestions, has this been done, is it documented somewhere?
TYVMIA!
aspiring
0 Kudos