Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaacnewton3108
Reel Rookie

CDN switching using CdnConfig attribute

I am unable to get the 'CDN switching' feature working. The developer page https://developer.roku.com/en-gb/docs/developer-program/getting-started/architecture/content-metadat... describes the feature and cdnconfig attribute and I am using the mandatory parameters Priority and Weight described in the example on the same page. I assigned priority 1 and 2 to the two content URLs, with an equal weight of 50 to each of them. However, in my testing, I can’t get the Roku device to automatically switch CDN (or IP address) when I block the ongoing download IP address.

Once one of the two sources was selected, the Roku device stuck to that one until rebooted. When the playback from selected source was blocked, the Roku device didn't attempt to move over to the other source. The playback was just frozen.

Has anyone got this feature working? I can't find any sample code showing how to use it. Any help on how to get this feature working is highly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: CDN switching using CdnConfig attribute

It never instills confidence when their example has a syntax error in it (should be a colon after ContentFilter, not a comma).  Maybe someone like @RokuJonathanD would like to fix that.

I can't say that I've used it, but I do notice it states that contentIsPlayList must be true.  You didn't mention that, so I thought I should point it out.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.