Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JAVMAN
Visitor

Zipping files on a mac...

Hello,
I'm having trouble uploading my channel. If I download the videoplayer zip ted channel and side load it onto my roku it works just fine. If I open the videoplayer folder and alter just one thing, say I change the manifest document to the title of the channel I want to create, and then save it, rezip it, and then try to upload it I get no response. Would there be an issue in zipping up these files that I'm missing? I made sure the manifest document does not have the .txt on it and I've been zipping the files by entering the videoplayer folder and then selecting all the documents and zipping them using my mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
JAVMAN
Visitor

Re: Zipping files on a mac...

Just to elaborate, even if I take the original downloaded videoplayer zip folder that works when side loaded, if I unzip that and then zip it back up (and i've tried both clicking the videoplayer file and zipping it OR going into the folder and selecting all of the files and zipping it will not side load. What could possibly be going wrong here?
0 Kudos
mkammes
Roku Guru

Re: Zipping files on a mac...

The built in compress option in Mac OS works fine. Select the files and folders, right click (or, use the gear in the finder window) and select compress.

Ensure you are not selecting the parent folder to compress...go one level deeper (e.g. just the manifest, source, image folder, etc).

I'd also ensure that whatever application you're using to edit the files isn't appending or changing the extension to the file. (TextMate works great for basic work on brs files).
0 Kudos