Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BradC
Channel Surfer

Re: What's with RAF and leg shaving?!

"belltown" wrote:
I think this is normal. Every time I play Pathogen 2, it tries to convince me to shave my legs. If I complied every time, I'd be shaving down to the bone marrow by now.

sorry. :oops:
♦MiniGolf♦HangMan♦Brain Puck♦Retro Tennis♦BORK♦FLIP♦Pathogen♦Pathogen 2♦Shut the Box♦Birdie♦Logic♦Dots♦Pool♦küglo♦Bubble Wrap♦Trivia Channel♦Mancala♦Air Hockey♦Weather♦CAMERA♦Your Photos Screensaver♦Desert Beauty Screensaver♦Wild Lakes Screensaver♦
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: What's with RAF and leg shaving?!

"RokuKC" wrote:
This should only be an issue if the device is running firmware version older than 7.1.
Do you have information about the firmware version and/or region for the crashing device?

I am seeing traces of RAF play failing on 7.2 devices, to ballpark it about 5% of the fulfilled^ ad requests seem to end up that way.

I experienced it yesterday with public-ed app, unfortunately am unable to reproduce it on cue in side-loaded channel. However, i can peruse the server logs! ^^

Looking at the last dozen bombed traces from yesterday, these are Roku 3 and Roku 4 devices, reporting agents "Roku/DVP-7.20 (047.20E04100A)" and "Roku/DVP-7.20 (177.20E04100A)" respectively. By geo ip, it's a fair mix of US states (CA, NJ, KS, IL, TX, MN, GA, AZ, IN, IL, CO, WI), plus one from Mexico. Half of the players have been served ads successfully during different sessions (before or after). I might be able to provide more info if there is interest from the Co (i.e. issue is not known).

(^) Note this is separate from the low fill rate RokuCo is having right now. I calc'd % share vs filled slots.
(^^) Q: How can you tell that an elephant has been in your refrigerator?
A: By the footprints in the butter.
0 Kudos