Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew212
Visitor

Weird problem when unzipping and rezipping example code

I've been trying to play around with the examples in the SDK, but have run into a strange problem.

Loading any of the provided ZIP files into the Roku box works fine. However, if I unzip one of these, change some of the code, and rezip, I then get an error upon trying to load the re-zipped file onto the Roku box. The debug screen shows a problem with the Manifest file and Source folder, even though both are present. I've even had a problem unzipping and rezipping without modifying any of the files.

I'm on a Mac, and thought maybe the Mac's 'Archive' program that zips files was to blame, but I've experienced similar problems when trying from a Windows 7 machine.

Any pointers? Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Visitor

Re: Weird problem when unzipping and rezipping example code

You can download a trial version of Winzip for free, or get 7Zip which is open source and give either of those a try. Maybe it is something with the Mac and Windows 7 zip algorithms but could be anything.
0 Kudos
bcl
Channel Surfer

Make sure you don't have any extra files in there. I had a .DS_store in there the first time I tried it and it complained until I removed it.

Its easier to just setup a development tree and use the makefile to zip and install in one step instead of going back and forth from a zipfile.
0 Kudos
andrew212
Visitor

"bcl" wrote:
Make sure you don't have any extra files in there. I had a .DS_store in there the first time I tried it and it complained until I removed it.

Its easier to just setup a development tree and use the makefile to zip and install in one step instead of going back and forth from a zipfile.

I took your advice and used the Makefile... everything seems to work fine that way. Consider this issue closed.
0 Kudos