Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
andrew212
Level 7

Weird problem when unzipping and rezipping example code

I've been trying to play around with the examples in the SDK, but have run into a strange problem.

Loading any of the provided ZIP files into the Roku box works fine. However, if I unzip one of these, change some of the code, and rezip, I then get an error upon trying to load the re-zipped file onto the Roku box. The debug screen shows a problem with the Manifest file and Source folder, even though both are present. I've even had a problem unzipping and rezipping without modifying any of the files.

I'm on a Mac, and thought maybe the Mac's 'Archive' program that zips files was to blame, but I've experienced similar problems when trying from a Windows 7 machine.

Any pointers? Thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Anonymous
Level 8

Re: Weird problem when unzipping and rezipping example code

You can download a trial version of Winzip for free, or get 7Zip which is open source and give either of those a try. Maybe it is something with the Mac and Windows 7 zip algorithms but could be anything.
0 Kudos
bcl
Level 7

Re: Weird problem when unzipping and rezipping example code

Make sure you don't have any extra files in there. I had a .DS_store in there the first time I tried it and it complained until I removed it.

Its easier to just setup a development tree and use the makefile to zip and install in one step instead of going back and forth from a zipfile.
0 Kudos
andrew212
Level 7

Re: Weird problem when unzipping and rezipping example code

"bcl" wrote:
Make sure you don't have any extra files in there. I had a .DS_store in there the first time I tried it and it complained until I removed it.

Its easier to just setup a development tree and use the makefile to zip and install in one step instead of going back and forth from a zipfile.


I took your advice and used the Makefile... everything seems to work fine that way. Consider this issue closed.
0 Kudos