Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horrorhound
Channel Surfer

Vimeo Premium HTTP/HLS 302 Redirect - Direct Publisher

Hello I'm working on my first Roku Channel and playing around with the Direct Publisher option first.

However no matter what options I try for my Feed Location it always returns 302 error.  Vimeo implemented redirects on their stream links which everything I've read so far Roku is "supposed to support".  But when I try and save the Feed Roku returns this error message:
"The server returned a non-200 status code - (302)."

My Videos exist on Vimeo Premium.
In Vimeo -> Videos -> Settings -> Distribution
I copy the HTTP Live Streaming link: 

This is the link I'm pasting into the Feed URL for Direct Publisher and selecting "HTTP LIVE Streaming (HLS)"  as the Video Format.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
37mediagroup
Roku Guru

Re: Vimeo Premium HTTP/HLS 302 Redirect - Direct Publisher

Could be a few things.  First, you'll need to be streaming during the submission process, streaming something. Otherwise Roku see's it as no video. Even stream a simple graphic. Generally speaking, Roku doesn't accept redirects, which is why Youtube cannot be used as a host (in addition to possible TOS). I don't know about their Livestream urls tho, which leads me to point three. Third, there is a separate section for Direct Publisher, seen here:  https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Direct-Publisher/bd-p/roku-direct-publisher  I would try searching there & posting there. Search those error codes and/or Vimeo Livestream and such. 

Have you tried finding the URL it redirects to, and using that instead?

0 Kudos
horrorhound
Channel Surfer

Re: Vimeo Premium HTTP/HLS 302 Redirect - Direct Publisher

Thanks,

I was streaming some test video when I was working on this but I'll try again to make sure 100% it's coming through.

Also thanks for the link to the other community I'll check there.

I thought about just using the redirect URL's but those should only be valid for a couple hours then they change to prevent theft which is why Vimeo switched to redirect links.

0 Kudos