Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaassMedia
Visitor

Viewing secure calls from a Roku device

Hello Everyone.

I need some help.  I am attempting to validate the data that I am collecting for my analytics tool, Adobe Analytics, on my app in Roku.

Normally, we proxy our device through a network that routes all of the traffic to a computer and use Charles Web Debugging Proxy to view all the traffic.  This works like a charm for non secure calls, however, I can't view any secure calls because I am unable to add a security certificate to the Roku device.

Has anyone been able to view the secure network calls that are sent out through a Roku device?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Viewing secure calls from a Roku device

What do you mean can't add own security certificate to Roku device?

But other than doing that, i don't think you can. It will defeat the purpose of secure sockets if everyone can whip an easy MitM attack
0 Kudos

Re: Viewing secure calls from a Roku device

I've had some success using Adobe Analytics' Bloodhound tool (https://marketing.adobe.com/developer/g ... -qa-tool-1) to debug our Adobe Analytics integration on Roku. You might want to check that out.
0 Kudos