Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coldrain
Binge Watcher

Video Ads not using RAF

Do anyone know how to enable video ads from any provider other than Roku? I have tried to enable RAF for my channels and my channel can display Roku ads but it takes forever to display live ads; my channel only can display a test ads which is about Roku products (such as Roku Express or Roku Ultra, etc). I tried to contact partnersuccess@roku.com multiple times over the last 3 months but the problem cannot be solved (any every question need to wait for 2 to 3 weeks to get answered) so I give up and want another way to enable ads.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
necrotek
Roku Guru

Re: Video Ads not using RAF

I am considering looking into this as well.  My last 2 published channels have not been put on live ad servers and I have been writing Roku for months about this with no resolution. One channel keeps showing Roku Co. ads and the other keeps showing match.com ads. and neither are generating ad impressions.  I have 4 other channels  that are working fine with advertising revenue and I am not doing anything different.  Has anyone else encountered this and have a solution? Roku says that they are not seeing ad requests come through on their end for the channels in question. The ads that are played must be coming from somewhere and it should be possible to track that it is coming from a published channel with a developer ID. 
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

Neither of this should be happening. Can you please send me your support ticket numbers?
0 Kudos
coldrain
Binge Watcher

The request number in my conversation with Roku Partner Success is #8631
0 Kudos
Ectave
Visitor

Hey, so is there any way to integrate ads without RAF?
0 Kudos
barons-com
Visitor

Not only can you have ROKU provide ads but you can certainly use other 3rd party advertisers like BaronsMedia. If you have any question or concerns please contact me directly at jim@baronsmedia.com or at 818-290-7978. I'll help you place additional ads on your channel. 

Thank you,

Jim Larkin
0 Kudos
RokuNB
Roku Guru

"Ectave" wrote:
Hey, so is there any way to integrate ads without RAF?

The use of RAF is required, use of RAN is not. Check the different ways we publish AVOD channels.

There may be some confusion about which is what:
RAF (Roku Ads Framework) is a BrightScript library that helps with proper fetching, parsing, displaying of ads and ad measurements. It can use different ad "feeds", not only the default (Roku's own) - see raf.setAdURL().

RAN (Roku Ads Network) is ran by the Roku's ads department, manages different ads campaigns/supply/demand/etc. Its server is pre-configured as default in RAF, that helps with onboarding - but some channels use different ads servers.
0 Kudos