Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hobson_Media
Binge Watcher

Using Bunny.net as CDN host instead of Vimeo Pro

We've used Vimeo Pro to host videos on our Roku Channel (Fore Golfers Network) and have grown weary of paying their crazy fees.

Have any channel developers tried using Bunny.net as your CDN? The demo videos look promising but I can't find a single person who actually uses Bunny to populate your Roku channel...or an explanation of how the process works.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Using Bunny.net as CDN host instead of Vimeo Pro

@Hobson_Media@AaronMSpelling What did you end up using? I'm just starting out and researching atm. I can't seem to find a video hosting service that is under my budget, Vimeo, AWS, etc are kinda expensive for starts like me imo.

0 Kudos
Hobson_Media
Binge Watcher

Re: Using Bunny.net as CDN host instead of Vimeo Pro

I ended up deleting my Roku channel. It's not worth the trouble and expense to deal with such horrid tech support and customer service. Roku seems to be a nebulous mystery company with no humans attached. The channel creation and hosting process is a nightmare and I decided it wasn't a wise use of my time. Our YouTube channel will suffice just fine.