Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slingxshot
Streaming Star

Uploading Package while app is in Approval/Submission Process

I was wondering, what happens. Do they look at the latest package uploaded? Does it delay anything?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
squirreltown
Roku Guru

Re: Uploading Package while app is in Approval/Submission Process

I've done this with no problems. Of course you used to be able to watch the installs and see if it had been loaded on another account yet, but thanks to Roku, now you can't.
Kinetics Screensavers
0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

When the package is actually in the testing queue, you want to be absolutely sure to notify them you uploaded a new package ASAP.  Also be sure to change the version number in the manifest or somewhere like an About screen.  Many times they have kicked back bug feedback on the older revision submission and not the current for me.  They also don't have to re-test every bug filed from a previous kickback - usually only two or three and they add to those and kick it back again with the old bugs listed as not fixed when they didn't re-test them.  And keep in mind, Roku's QA has some users in the Ukraine with what seems to be dialup access.  So if your app doesn't load in 3 seconds in the Ukraine....be sure to keep perspective on their test environment and distance from the rest of the world.
0 Kudos
slingxshot
Streaming Star

Ukraine... dial up...  this is a big difference with Apple Approval process, my Apple TV app was approved in a day...
0 Kudos
cocotower
Roku Guru

Wrong destruk, when you upload a package, you go into a test queue.  It just doesn't sit there waiting on you to contact them afterwards.

0 Kudos
destruk
Binge Watcher

Of course it goes into the test queue.  However, partners@roku.com and our account rep has always told us if it's in the test queue and you upload multiple packages before it finishes QA they want to be told, or they could miss the updated version(s) - many many times we have been reminded that so we just do it as a typical course to avoid the problem.
0 Kudos
jayseattle

How do you contact Roku QA? [email=partners@roku.com:343vzi2q]partners@roku.com[/email:343vzi2q]?

I'm confused with the Publish process. Uploaded the package, received a success message and now it is 'Unpublished'. Is someone looking at it?

When I go to Edit Channel it does not reflect:
1. The minimum firmware
2. or even my .pkg
Did it make it there? Why would it not list the '.pkg' file uploaded?

Note I'm trying to replace a previous channel with the new components and DID make the Nov 20 deadline, at least by PST timezone.
0 Kudos