Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJoel
Binge Watcher

Re: Undocumented roRegion Services ?

Probably just an oversight.

- Joel
0 Kudos
NewManLiving
Visitor

Thanks for the info Joel. Maybe you could tell us what is done 'internally'
With the byte array that can be returned from a bitmap. Seems to have no purpose
- For us anyway.
My Channels: 2D API Framework Presentation: https://owner.roku.com/add/2M9LCVC
Updated: 11-11-2015 - Completed Keyboard interface
The Joel Channel ( Final Beta )
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"RokuJoel" wrote:
"NewManLiving" wrote:
It always makes me wonder what really is in the SDK that only the 'privy' know.

1. Components and functions that have been build for internal use and have not been API reviewed.
2. ... or that engineering plans to revise significantly
3. Custom components, developed for specific business partners which we may or may not eventually release to developers - the general philosophy is that we will eventually release most, unless they fall under #2.

As luck will have it, yesterday i was going over list of classes to see what i am missing - many seem to be in 1-2-3 but there seem to be also

4. Components which RokuCo is blissfully unaware are still undocumented. Examples would be roInput and roInputEvent, that exist for maybe 3 years now (earliest mention i see is Jul'2011 in this forum), as well as roGlobal (i digged and this one is explained in BrightSign Object Reference Manual)

If s/o from RokuCo is willing to label them as 1, 2, 3 or 4 accordingly, i'll open a topic with list of those classes?
0 Kudos