Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmatar
Visitor

Unable to play .ts (live streaming) on my roku premiere plus

Hello, 
Unable to play .ts (live streaming) on my roku premiere plus.
the application is working fine on Roku 3.
is there any workaround for this?
Thanks. 
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tyler_Smith
Binge Watcher

Re: Unable to play .ts (live streaming) on my roku premiere plus

Very interesting, do you have any DRM on the stream?
Tyler Smith
0 Kudos
coldrain
Binge Watcher

My channel have the same problem with HLS streaming (.m3u8), 2 users reported the issue with Roku Premier+ but I don't have any Roku Premier+ to troubleshoot (I tried with Roku 4, Roku stick and Express+ and they work fine). Let me know if you find out the reason.
0 Kudos
hmatar
Visitor

"coldrain" wrote:
My channel have the same problem with HLS streaming (.m3u8), 2 users reported the issue with Roku Premier+ but I don't have any Roku Premier+ to troubleshoot (I tried with Roku 4, Roku stick and Express+ and they work fine). Let me know if you find out the reason.

issue fixed by setting the streamFormat 
selectedItem.streamformat =  "ts"
this was not needed on other roku devices. 
0 Kudos
coldrain
Binge Watcher

"hmatar" wrote:
"coldrain" wrote:

issue fixed by setting the streamFormat 
selectedItem.streamformat =  "ts"
this was not needed on other roku devices. 

I didn't think that I missed to set streamformat. My streamformat is "hls" not "ts" but from your suggestion, I debug and see that I didn't set it up properly (I put the streamformat in xml feed but for some reason, the content reader doesn't get the streamformat). Thanks for sharing
0 Kudos