Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepakpk009
Reel Rookie

Unable to make API request after network change

Hi, 

I am facing an issue where I am unable to make API request using the roUrlTransfer object after suspending the app and changing the network from the settings of the Roku device. 

There is no reponse on the roUrlTransfer object on calling an API end point which was reponding earlier on making the call after resuming the app. 

The app needs instant resume feature as part of the requirements. 

I had fixed this issue by setitng the EnableFreshConnection method on the roUrlTransfer object. But since this method is deprecated I am not able to publish the fix. 

Is there any other way to fix this issue? 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to make API request after network change

You need to make a new roUrlTransfer object after a network change and do requests on that.

deepakpk009
Reel Rookie

Re: Unable to make API request after network change

Hi @RokuBen 

Yes I am using a new roUrlTransfer object after network change within a task node. But still the network doesn't respond. What else might be the reason? 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.