Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rijj
Visitor

Unable to delete a public Roku Channel

Hi, I have a public channel which has been live since past 2 years and now due to certain business closure related issues, I need to remove it from the Roku Channel Store. I have tried to delete the channel several times via the "Manage channels" view and it shows me a message that the channel has been removed successfully, but it doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever i.e. the channel is still available in the list of channels. Help Please!
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
EnTerr
Roku Guru

Re: Unable to delete a public Roku Channel

Can't be done as a self-service (i.e. via dev.portal).
You'll need help by someone behind the corp. curtain, like in viewtopic.php?f=34&t=98165
Shockingly but to un-publish an app from Roku's store, one needs a sequence of internal "manager approvals" (?!)
0 Kudos
Rijj
Visitor

Oh, So I'll need to write an email to developer@roku.com and wait for someone at Roku to help me with the channel deletion?
0 Kudos
EnTerr
Roku Guru

"Rijj" wrote:
Oh, So I'll need to write an email to developer@roku.com and wait for someone at Roku to help me with the channel deletion?

Yes. Based on previous experiences, you may have to do that repeatedly and incessantly for weeks, till reaction elicited. Unfortunately our friends at the Co behind that email can be quite unprofessional that way.
0 Kudos
Rijj
Visitor

Seems like I have a task in hand. Thanks for the help, Much appreciated!
0 Kudos