Roku Developer Program

Developers and content creators—a complete solution for growing an audience directly.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Tutorials for beginning development on Roku

This is neat - as your tutorials progress they can get a lot longer. It usually happens because you are passionate about what you do.
Thanks for keeping the pages so short and legible.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Updated main post with section for other tutorials, and added RokuChris' Official Roku Blog Tutorials to it.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

This series has been helpful. One of the things I wanted in the beginning was a good understanding of the syntax which I was having a problem figuring out. I really wished I could have had a detailed explanation of what the code in the sample files were actually doing.

I feel like I have a better grasp of it now. Not sure if it means I can actually make anything meaningful or not though. I always need a Brightscript for Dummies book. Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I follow part 1 and 2 above. My channel per last page of Part 2 above upload ok, but will not install, the failure message "Install Failure: Compilation Failed." If I install any examples from the zip folder, it install ok. Can any body help?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

What do you see in the debugger when you upload? It should have a specific error.

You can access the debugger by telnetting to the IP address of your Roku on port 8085.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos