Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
destruk
Binge Watcher

Re: Tutorials for beginning development on Roku

This is neat - as your tutorials progress they can get a lot longer. It usually happens because you are passionate about what you do.
Thanks for keeping the pages so short and legible.
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

Updated main post with section for other tutorials, and added RokuChris' Official Roku Blog Tutorials to it.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos
KennyJ
Roku Guru

This series has been helpful. One of the things I wanted in the beginning was a good understanding of the syntax which I was having a problem figuring out. I really wished I could have had a detailed explanation of what the code in the sample files were actually doing.

I feel like I have a better grasp of it now. Not sure if it means I can actually make anything meaningful or not though. I always need a Brightscript for Dummies book. 🙂
0 Kudos
newpic
Visitor

I follow part 1 and 2 above. My channel per last page of Part 2 above upload ok, but will not install, the failure message "Install Failure: Compilation Failed." If I install any examples from the zip folder, it install ok. Can any body help?
0 Kudos
kbenson
Visitor

What do you see in the debugger when you upload? It should have a specific error.

You can access the debugger by telnetting to the IP address of your Roku on port 8085.
-- GandK Labs
Check out Reversi! in the channel store!
0 Kudos