Roku Developer Program

Join our online forum to talk to Roku developers and fellow channel creators. Ask questions, share tips with the community, and find helpful resources.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b14d3
Visitor

Trouble with first channel

Hello all, I'm depressingly bad at this and don't have anyone to ask personally. I am having an issue with my first channel, where the images won't load and the channel (when selected) no longer enters the channel to view the categories. I have a pastebin of the debug code http://pastebin.com/nRMaxHn6 but I am unsure of what else you need to help. I really appreciate any assistance
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
destruk
Streaming Star

Re: Trouble with first channel

"Can't parse feed" means there is an error in the XML.
Go into the 'category.brs' file if you are using that - do a search for "can't parse feed" - and look at what causes that error message in your app.
(I looked at your linked xml file and it validates fine as far as the xml is concerned - no ampersands, less than or greater than signs, no cyrillic characters, etc)
0 Kudos
RokuMarkn
Visitor

The debugger output is showing a syntax error on the line

for each category in categories.kids

And the variable dump just below that shows that the categories variable is invalid.

--Mark
0 Kudos
b14d3
Visitor

Thanks guys! I actually tested the xml in a browser before reading your replies, saw the errors in them from that, and have since gotten it working but wasn't able to post on here. Spot on advice, and helped me better read the debugger. Thanks a ton to both of you.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.